- A-string: The tone is clear for the first few minutes, then gently settles into a full, round, and lush dark timbre. A string that truly touches with its warm mellow tone.
- D-string: A »strong« string with incredible depth and volume. Full of body and abundant power; always warm and strong. Delightfully easy to play.
- G-string: A string that wants to be tamed, inspiring the cellist and giving the entire set a more brilliant and a tempestuous sound. A focussed tone with a colourful spectre and warm undertone.
- C-string: Sonorous and deep, yet direct and clear. Very large volume. Even with the smallest of bow movements you can still hear the keynote. Long sustaining power and impressively precise sound.
Pirastro Perpetual cello string composition:
- A string- Chrome-steel over steel
- D string- Chrome-steel over steel
- G string- Tungsten over Rope Core
- C string- Tungsten over Rope Core